Custom Search

Saturday, December 27, 2008

Fanta: New taste in an old bottle?























Fanta Apple Ad: http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=9JOx_xrOIDw


To start off with let me share a review posted in www.reviewstream.com:

Fanta Apple Soda

Item: Fanta Apple-flavored soda
Location:
by : Famous

This soda is completely addictive. If you’re an avid lover of both gingerale and apple juice, then I am certain that you will absolutely love this soda. The apple flavor is actually more “apple-y” than the apple juice that I buy in stores. The crisp carbonation only enhances the strong apple flavor. Fanta has many different flavor sodas. But this is actually the first soda from this brand that I’ve had–that actually tasted authentically like the fruit it was created to taste like. I am unsure if this soda has caffeine. I don’t believe it does, as it doesn’t make me feel dehydrated the way I do when I’ve had a cola product. While I wouldn’t recommend drinking soda regularly, I would certainly advise anyone who lives for apple juice [the way I do] to try this soda. It’s less “pop-like” than the other flavors, which taste way too sugary for me. This is a subtle drink that goes well with meals. Fanta Apple makes me want to buy this stuff by the case.
Rating : 10

Even though Parle Agro's Appy Fizz (an aerated apple juice) has been there in the market, why Fanta Apple is been eagerly awaited in the market (presently available only in selected cities)?
Its definitely not because there is no other apple flavoured drinks available in the market.
In my opinion, Fanta is a no-bakwaas brand and very youthful at the same time. When sprite and mountain dew had to show lots of no-bakwaas ads (for that matter, even 7up did the same), Fanta followed a "boldest flavor" theme, which made it easier for them among the youth.
With the strong reputation of the original Fanta, and the popularity of the same, and adding to it the distribution strategy (to be made available only in select cities initially), all together has created an eagerness in the minds of the consumers to try out the new taste of Fanta.

When compared to Appy Fizz, Fanta is not an aerated fruit juice (the same with its original orange flavor), it is a Soda with added flavours and colour only. Then why it is still the favorite? (or the most awaited)
I would assume that it would be the brand appeal as mentioned earlier (let me try out this new Fanta factor!) which clicked for Fanta Apple.

Branded India rates Fanta Apple as a 3/5 Brand.

Branded India!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment